Not too long ago, creating professional videos involved spending thousands of dollars hiring a video production team, and buying expensive equipment in order to get the level of quality needed for a business marketing video. But thankfully, the cost associated with creating quality videos today is incomparable to what you would have paid 10 years ago.
The megapixels on today’s gadgets are so high, you can make a professional-looking video with almost any of today’s smartphones. Paired up with a good video editing program, you’ll be amazed at what you can create at little to no cost.
1. Windows Movie Maker 2.6 – This is a free software program offered by Microsoft that works with Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP and Windows Server 2008. You can create and edit videos, as well as publish them on OneDrive, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Flickr with multiple file formats to choose from. It also offers a large selection of tools, effects and transitions (it’s expected to be replaced with Windows Story Remix by late 2017).
2. Avidemux – This is a free video editor that is capable of non-linear video editing and applying visual effects. It supports many file format types such as AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4 and ASF. It’s designed for simple cutting/pasting, filtering and encoding tasks. It can also insert audio into a video file or extract audio from video files.
3. Lightworks – Lightworks has both a free version, and a paid version. This software program is currently available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. It’s a professional, non-linear editing system (NLE) for editing and mastering digital video in many different formats, including 2K and 4K resolutions. Hollywood production movies such as “Pulp Fiction” and “The Wolf of Wall Street” have used this software. It offers real-time effects, advanced multi-cam editing, importing of multiple file types and the ability to export to Vimeo and YouTube.
4. Blender – This is a professional, open source 3D content creation tool used for creating animated films, interactive 3D applications, visual effects, video games and 3D printed models. This powerful program allows you to edit, create 3D graphics, sound effects, and add special effects, such as fluid and smoke simulation, texturing, and soft body simulation.
5. VideoPad Video Editor – VideoPad offers both a free and a paid version. It includes a sound editing program, a sound mixing program, and an image editor. It supports frequently used formats, such as AVI, WMV, and DivX, and videos can be directly uploaded to Facebook, YouTube and Flickr.
For more information on video marketing, check out: http://www.thebestmedia.com/blog/why-video-marketing-is-bigger-than-you-think/